Friday, January 18, 2013

How do I access a hard drive on a mac os X from a pc running win xp pro? The computers are on the same subnet?

Q. How do I access a hard drive on a mac os X from a pc running win xp pro. I can hit the mac with it's IP and get to the users directory but can not hit any other drives. Thanks in advance for you help.

A. From Apple's website:

Summary of File Sharing:

Mac OS X 10.0 and later allow you to share the contents of your Public folder.
Others can also copy files to your Drop Box folder located in your Public folder.
You set up File Sharing using the Sharing and Network panes of the System Preferences application.
You can further define your Sharing privileges using the Info window.
Mac OS X offers services that allow you to both share with and connect to other operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows.

Can I install win XP on a different Partition and keep the old OS I am running win 7 now?
Q. I want to install win xp and keep my current OS also. I have tried to install on a different HDD but after
the win xp installation loads the necessary files for installation it will attempt to restart the PC, but the computer wil not boot. I had to use a win 7 restore disk in order to boot up with the original OS.
What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me?

A. xp needs to be installed first, then win7, due to the xp bootloader (ntldr) not being compatible with win 7

how do I delete a hard disk partition in win xp home edition?
Q. I am trying to delete an infected partition holding winxp pro while logged in on my win xp home partition. I go to disk management and right click the partition and see "delete partition" but I cannot select it, it is grayed out. Thanks in advance.

A. download gparted boot cd, burn it to a cd, then boot with the disk in.

it will allow you to do anything you need to do with the disk.

Costs nothing. Works well on any kind of disk or partition.

Easiest thing would be just to reformat to ntfs, but if you want to delete and re-create you can do that too.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=115843&package_id=271779

What are the requirements of installing Windows 7 on the Win XP version of HP Mini 311?
Q. I bought the Win XP version and now I'd like to upgrade to 7. Do I need to download drivers and stuff?
Also will my ion work properly as its the LE version so it doesn't support Dx10. And do I need more than the 1gb of ram?

Thanks

A. here, download this, and run the Util, it will tell u if your reach every requirement for windows 7

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment