Saturday, January 19, 2013

How to join domain in windows XP and how to do domain controller?

Q. I need to learn join domain in windows xp and also domain controller.
Is there a video link in youtube that can teach this tutorial completely?

A. Windows XP can't function as a domain controller - you need a server version of Windows - 2000, 2003 or 2008. You also need the professional version of XP to attach to it - the home version can't.

How do I reinstall Windows XP on my hard drive using back CDs?
Q. I want to reformat my hard drive then reinstall Windows XP using back up CDs I made of my system files shortly after purchasing my laptop. How do I do this? Keep in mind my laptop has only one hard drive.

A. If you made that cd from system files of your hard drive then it is useless.you will need a PROPER bootable windows xp cd to reinstall.Download an iso image,try searching for a torrent,burn the iso to a cd,test the cd by booting from it and then do the actual reinstall.

How to reinstall windows XP without harming Redhat Linux?
Q. I have installed Windows XP and Redhat Linux on my computer. My windows XP is corrupt. I am planning to reinstall XP but I dont know how to do it without doing anything. Last time when I formatted the drive where XP was installed, even my redhat linux got deleted. Please give me the complete instructions to reinstall Windows XP without harming Redhat Linux.

A. You reinstall windows xp on the partition that you have set up for it in the first place. Then Use SuperGRUB (http://www.supergrubdisk.org/ ) to load back into Red Hat and reinstall/fix the GRUB.

SuperGRUB Doc. Fixing GRUB:
http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/Howto_Fix_Grub

How do I transfer pics and documents from Windows XP to Windows Home edition on the same computer?
Q. Here is the problem: On the same computer I have a version of Windows XP Pro that won't start up. This is where I have all my documents and photos. I also have a version of Windows Home Edition that will start up ok but it's empty . I would like to either get my xp pro to work again OR transfer all my documents from pictures from xp pro to Home edition.

Anybody know how to do that?

A. so ... from what you said above ... you have two operating systems installed on the same hard disk. Windows XP and Windows Home. okay. that's often referred to as a "dual boot system". dual boot means that when your computer boots up (just how it starts when you turn it on, from being Off and not just asleep) it gives you a choice to boot into WinXP or boot into WinHome. normally when i've configured a dual boot setup its for different operating systems, not variants of the same so i'm thinking you mayve had a little accident with an installation here.

especially hearing as how you cant boot into WinXP anymore ... where all your stuff is ... hmm.

and from within WinHome you cant see the directories (through your File Explorer) of the WinXP installation? i'm guessing youve attempted that already.

the best answer for you might be to take it to a local professional or a geeky nerd you know who's good with computers and ask them for any creative ideas ... or ... take it to a professional at your local computer shop and tell them the same story.

what i would do, in this situation, is a little involved and you might not feel comfortable doing yourself. assuming its a desktop computer and not a laptop -- i'd turn the computer completely off, remove the outer case of the computer and remove the hard drive. then i'd plug that hard drive into another computer running WinXP ... but as the second hard disk. then i'd turn that computer on and you should see your hard disk and its files through the File Explorer program on that computer running WinXP.

then you can copy your documents and pictures, etcetera, over to a thumb drive or burn to a CD or DVD so that they arent lost completely.

then bring your hard disk back to your house, re-install it in your computer, then move the files from your CD, DVD or thumb drive back to your WinHome installation.

a bit involved ... but i'm afraid there may not be an easier answer with your specific situation of having WinHome and WinXP on the same disk, and WinXP wont start.

hope this helped a little.

cheers.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment