Friday, January 18, 2013

What are the requirements of installing Windows 7 on the Win XP version of HP Mini 311?

Q. I bought the Win XP version and now I'd like to upgrade to 7. Do I need to download drivers and stuff?
Also will my ion work properly as its the LE version so it doesn't support Dx10. And do I need more than the 1gb of ram?

Thanks

A. here, download this, and run the Util, it will tell u if your reach every requirement for windows 7

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15

How to install win xp with only floppy disk?
Q. Ok i have a Compaq contura aero 4/33c with only a floppy drive. And if that is possible how do i put win xp installion files on to a floppy disk?

A. I dont think its possible...buy an external CD(or DVD) reader

how to remove the old win xp version after setting up a new one?
Q. I ran win xp setup. Normally there is a screen that would ask me if I wanted to format C drive. This one did not show up, and I ended with two win xp versions, the old bad one and the new one. How to remove the old one?

A. You can't remove the old version, You are going to have to do a clean reinstall. You need to go into the Bios, when the computer restarts or boots up hit ether F2 F8 or delete it depends on the Bios you use it will be one or the other it also sometimes will tell you what to hit so look for it too. Change it to boot from Cd first and have it boot Hard drive in second or third and leave it that way. The reason I say to leave it that way is so if your hard drive is ever corrupt or crashes or something happens to the Bios and you can't or no longer get into windows you can do a clean install of windows. Leaving the hard drive at first bypasses reading the CD and sometimes you can't get into the Bios to change it. Put the win XP CD in the tray and reboot it, it will read off the CD instead of the hard drive and follow the instructions to do a clean install. one of the option is to format the C drive to do the install and that will wipe all data off the C drive for the install. Of course back up all data that you need before you do this as you will lose all data formating the C drive.

How to keep Win Vista and Win Xp both on my Dell inspiron 1545?
Q. I have searched a lot and found drivers for Win Xp. But the problem I'm facing is that I have installed XP professioal (pharaonic XP) but now i don't get a choice to switch between vista and xp; however my vista is inaccessible this time.
What should I do..
Suggestions are positively welcome.

A. This is a tricky one that I just had to do on my netbook (have XP and Windows 7 on it, couldn't get to Windows 7). What you need is a Vista CD for your version of Vista. If you don't have a Vista CD, download and burn one (all you really need is the recovery part, make sure you get the right bit version [if you have 32 bit, you need 32 bit Vista CD, 64 bit needs 64 bit CD]. There are also stripped down versions of the Vista CD called the Vista Recovery CD that is quicker to download and does the same thing.

Put in your CD and boot it. It will ask what language, just click Next and instead of Install Now, click Repair your computer. It will either say it needs to apply settings or it will present you with some options. Pick Startup Recovery if you get the list of options and then go through it. It should locate your hidden Vista partition and enable it. The problem is that it will overwrite XP with Vista. Once you get into Vista (and are locked out of XP) download EasyBCD and use it to add XP to your Vista bootloader and save. Upon restarting your PC you should get a menu that asks whether you want to boot into Vista or XP.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment